Summary: This blog describes two ways to convert OLM to CSV along with the pros and cons of each method. The first one is a tried and tested third-party tool that offers a wide range of features and ensures data integrity. Whereas, the second procedure is a free solution but has some limitations and requires some sort of technical expertise.
Contacts are one of the most important data that most users have in their data set. The contacts can be saved on your mobile phone, email client, laptop, etc. These saved contacts make it easier for us to directly search for that particular contact and send a text message, an email, or directly give a call without any need to remember the contact details.
Thus, taking the importance of contacts into note, many users usually have a need to convert contacts saved in OLM files into CSV format. It is because the OLM file data can only be accessed in specific applications, thus limiting the contacts’ accessibility. Therefore, the best option that most people prefer is CSV format as it is compatible with many applications, devices, and platforms.
However, the entire process of conversion is not as simple as you think as it involves several complexities that might make the overall task cumbersome. So, if you are also one of those users who are looking for an effortless OLM to CSV conversion process, then you must try the below-discussed solutions.
Method-1: Convert OLM to CSV Professionally
When we talk about a simple and efficient way to convert OLM files into CSV format, then the most preferred by most of the users is TTD OLM to CSV Conversion Tool. This software offers many smart features along with the option to perform a conversion without Microsoft Outlook installation on the system.
The software comes with many prominent features like batch file conversion. Furthermore, there are features like multiple export options other than CSV, and support for OLM files of Mac Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2011. This application also preserves metadata and offers an error-free process. You can also use this tool to convert OLM files to PST format.
There is also a date-based filter using which you can only export OLM file data within a specified time range. You can run this application on the latest Mac OS 13.0, 12.0, 11.0, and other lower versions.
Steps to Convert OLM Files to CSV Format
- Step-1: Install and Launch this software to convert OLM to CSV format on Mac OS.
- Step-2: Add an OLM file or a folder containing OLM files into the tool.
- Step-3: Select CSV as your preferred export option from multiple export types.
- Step-4: You can also choose to create separate CSV files for your Group Contacts. (Enable this option if needed)
- Step-5: Finally, browse where you want to save your resultant CSV file and start converting OLM files into CSV format.
Method-2: Free Convert OLM to CSV Manually
If you are looking for a free manual way, then you can follow the steps mentioned in the following section. For this process, you just need to have some technical expertise, as well as Mac Outlook, installed on your system. If you don’t have Microsoft Outlook on your Mac machine, then you cannot perform the following steps.
Additionally, this free method to convert OLM files to CSV format takes a long time to complete when compared to the third-party utility discussed above. So, if you are ready with all these prerequisites, then you can move to the below steps.
Step-by-Step Process for Free Conversion
- The first step is to import the OLM file into Outlook if it is an orphan file. If the OLM file is already being used in Outlook, then you can skip this step.
- After importing the OLM file, go to the Import/Export menu again.
- Choose the Export to a File option.
- Then select Comma Separated Value as the export option and click on the Next button.
- Now choose the destination path for the CSV file.
- Finally, click on the Finish button to complete the OLM file to CSV conversion.
After going through this complete write-up, you will get the detailed steps to convert OLM files to CSV format. As there are two ways in which you can execute the conversion process, you can choose any of these ways depending on your data and requirements. However, many experts prefer opting for the third-party tool rather than the free process due to its efficiency and accuracy.